Monday, February 13, 2006

Where's your Valentine???


My friend was telling me the other day on phone that on 14th Feb she would be celebrating her Independence Day!!!
I said "Huh!!Your what?".
She replied,"Well my friends will be celebrating Valentine's Day,while I am happy to be independent and not have anyone tagging along with me with a flower in his hand!!Not for me, yaar."


Sounds like some Indian feminist making a silent protest against the devastating, detrimental effects of the Western culture on the Indan youth of today(phew)???Naaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
She too has lots of friends who are guys(sic) but has made a resolution not to hook up with somebody for the time-being!!!She just wants to enjoy those "independent days" of her life and make most of what life has to offer!!

SO is she a stuckup, snob who thinks herself to be a dolly-bird??
Naaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
She is a cool, nice person who wants to enjoy life without somebody hanging onto her.Inevitably, love has it's share of adjustments and compromises and she doesn't want to start compromising now!!!It's her call!! So what the heck!!
As the song goes:



It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive (It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life ..
So if you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend to coochee-coo with during this Valentine's day, it ain't mean you are a sucker or looser.....The right person is somewhere out there!!Until then celebrate your Independence day ...and go and wish your friends a Happy Valentine's Day!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

call it "day of devils"

4:38 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enthu valippada ithu ...!!!
chey Lajjavaham..... Mathai

4:39 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Shikha said...

Happy independence day:)

4:41 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Anoop said...

Whoever concerned:It's not so bad.

Mathai:Shameful but true:)

Shikha:Things may not be as they seem;)

7:13 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

If only gals dared to think differently lik this...things wud hav been far bettr...

2:19 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

well is that true?
do relations take away our independence?

I dont think so...being committed to a person doesnt mean being a slave..rather it gives more strength to your to life..more life to your dreams and more memories to cherish...not just on valentine's day...but every day...

:)
cheers

2:45 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Anoop said...

Thoyakat: hey!! having a person with whom u can share ur closest secrets as well as worries, helps u a lot, actually!!

Kannan:I was expecting a critical comment from u;)
Actually there are people who like solitude so its one's own opinion whether he/she needs a partner now or later or never!!

9:32 PM, February 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home