Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Year Goes By!!

Yesterday(31st JAN) I completed 1 year of my life as a working professional .Time sure flies by,huh?.. Till yesterday I was a trainee...now I am an Analyst Programmer...sounds hi-tech and cool...However still the same chair and same project....OK!So there is an increment...Hmmmm!! Will have to wait for my next salary !!!So how was it one year before????

31Jan, 2005:-
I got the call from my company on a Friday(28th Jan) to join on the following Monday(31st Jan)... took an emergency train ticket, left the same day, travelled from the east of India to the west and landed up in Pune on the 30th ... Temperature:9 degree C....Should have taken the pullover my Mom had told me to taken:(
On 31st,was ushered into the conference room of my office......used to wearing T-shirt and torn jeans, the formal shirt I wore only helped to increase my uneasiness.....other new joinees gave me a once over glance and resumed their muted whispering!!Thank God my college friend was there with me else would have felt like an Idly surrounded with Ketchup..all right...now there were 2 Idlies instead of 1!!!
Got all the corporate, tech talk from HR, Finance etc....created our bank acccounts(that was nice),had free lunch and oh yes...my roomie(future roomie to be precise) asked for the complimentary gifts(T-shirt,diary and pen etc)...surprisingly, we got them too!!!
Training started the next day, which carried on for two and a half months!!!

31Jan, 2006:-
It's been one year...Temperature:6 degree C..our closely knit training batch of 28 have separated to the various offices in Chennai, Mumbai and Pune....only 4 from our batch are here in Pune....However, we still keep in touch..have arguments over mails..tease each other..the Mumbaites are coming over for the weekend...It will be great to meet them and play the fool...with those guys(and gals) we need not keep up that corporate attitude which we are (at least supposed) to keep in office...The Idlies will land up in the Sambar again...some of us will jump to greener pastures..some of us will stay back....think most of us will keep in touch...don't know for sure..times change, seasons change, people change.

The words of Bob Dylan's song come to my mind while I compose this blog :



How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
Yes, ’n’ how many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, ’n’ how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they’re forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind,
The answer is blowin’ in the wind.

3 Comments:

Blogger P.R.A.D said...

De, Nice Article da.. !!

But remember dat dere are few things that will never change !!

YOUR SNORING EVERY NIGHT RITE INTO MY EARS !!

Itz been a year Dammit !!

;)

Will Love u always da!! :)

10:09 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Shikha said...

What a unique way to retrospect..idli,ketchup and sambhar:)

31 Jan2005-9degree C
31 Jan2006-6degree C
something has happened after you landed here:))

11:11 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

brings bak memories of ol' pune days...gud one....

2:04 PM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home